Saturday, January 5, 2013

We are strange in our worlds

So, this cold has been fast and furious.

I have burnt through 3 boxes of tissues since Thursday night. My nose is bright flaming red from all of it. But, I did manage to figure out the most tasty tea combination yet:

Lipton's Black Pearl tea + lemon juice + cinnamon + ginger + honey + sugar = MAGIC.


I've been an "adult" now for a handful of years, but still haven't gotten used to being sick on my own. Does anyone else have this issue? In Giant Eagle (my local grocer), I felt like a leper- walking through the pharmacy aisle looking like hell and having everyone look at me like as if at any moment, I would start towards them, drooling, stating "braaaaaiiinnsss."

So, this led to spending $104 on a Friday afternoon. Primarily because I don't quite have that Mom-touch yet where you know exactly what you need to fix it. I put nyquil, dayquil, mucinex, saline spray, disinfectant, honey, tea, soup, vaporub ointment, vaporub plug-in inserts, and an assortment of things in my basket. Saline spray, by the way, is incredibly underrated.

Because I'm not attractive enough, I've been covering my face in lotion because everything is dry.

Needless to say, I'm looking really, really attractive today.

That being said, let me give you a playlist for January 2013:


January 2013: A Mix

Fleet Foxes- Battery Kinzie 



Paloma Faith- Stone Cold Sober


Travie McCoy- We'll Be Alright


Phillip Phillips- Home


Nina Simone- I Got it Bad (and That Ain't Good)


Frank Sinatra- One for my Baby (and One more for the Road)


Supergrass- Alright







I can't get the piano riff from Supergrass' Alright out of my head this evening. 




No comments:

Post a Comment