Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday Ten: Goals

In a month and some change, I'll be turning 25 years old. I feel like I need to revamp my wardrobe and put a spark back into my life.

I've hit a stalemate with the job search, in a weird spot where I keep losing and gaining weight and nothing quite...works on me. I need to start over, I need to make a plan.

Tuesday Ten: GOALS.

1. Take the GREs.
       -I've been considering this and reconsidering this and thinking about it some more. If I want to find out whether or not it'd be worth pursuing, I need to take the GREs. Graduate school is something I can definitely see myself doing, but only if I'm going to a great school with great financial aid that can allow me to have a better outcome than what I'm doing right now.  Has anyone else taken this test? Any advice or thoughts on the matter?
Yes, I can be as pensive as this gal here! Notice how she dutifully rests her chin on her hand, with No. 2 Ticonderoga Pencil in tow? I could do that....right? 


2. Lose weight. 
      - Yes, yes, yes, I know! Girly, idiotic goal. You've probably stopped reading my blog when you happened upon those words- but it needs to happen. I used to be a size 6 and weighed 145-150lbs. Granted, I'm 5'11 and it'd probably be more healthy to set my goal at 155-160.  Currently, I'm a size 14 and weigh....a little too much for my liking. Zumba? Medifast? Weight Watchers? Sugar Free Red Bull?! 
I own the PS3 Move version of Zumba. Like the lady in their adverts, you will sweat. your. bum. off.

3. Revamp wardrobe. 
      -I am the tee shirt and yoga pants queen. If I could, I would live in yoga pants and nerdy Woot! Shirts all. damn. day. I should be wearing things that are more appropriate of a professional woman aged 25: 
Like these ladies. Can I be a Designing Woman? 

4.  Clean my apartment. 
         -I'll have to get Robert on board for this one. But part of me can't help but feel like maybe one of the reasons I've been feeling so cruddy is because everything is so....cluttered. 
Credit: Cathy Guisewite.
I'm turning in to the cartoon, Cathy, day by day.




5. Attend Church more regularly. 
        -I gave up on going altogether because I have a hard time getting out of bed. But I can't help but think of how better my life *felt* when I was going every week and sorting my thoughts out with the lord above. It was also a way to set aside time to feel grateful for everything. 
Proverbs 31:25  She is Clothed in Strength and Dignity, and she laughs without fear of the Future.


6. Graduate School.
       - I don't feel "finished" with learning. I feel like I need to go back and get an extension of my BA. Maybe an MAPW? 
Credit: PhD Comics


7.  Travel.
      -I've been to China, I've been to Spain....now it's time to travel again. Where to? Scotland? Ireland? Netherlands?
Me, on the Great Wall of China, in 2007. Can't believe it's been 5 years. I was 19 in this picture. Please excuse the weird facial expression (sun directly in eyes), the poor posture (I look preggo), and for the love of all things holy, please excuse my pink "travel satchel."  I'm sad I don't look better in any of my Great Wall pics. It was the most breath-taking and life changing moments of my life. 




8.   Stop Pinning, Start Doing.
       -I pin so many crafts, recipes, etc. that I forgot why I joined Pinterest to begin with!!! It's to try new things! I think I may start doing a Pinterest Thursday where I pick something I've pinned, make it, and blog about it! Thoughts? 

Credit: RageBuilder.com.
This was so me on the day I "discovered" Pinterest.



9. Take time to see my family more often. 
      -I never take a day off of work. Ever.  I should make it a priority to get some time off soon to see my family. I haven't seen my older sister in a year and a half, which is unacceptable to me. I miss my people and hope I get to see them all soon. 
At my Sister's Wedding in 2008 (before my Nephews were born).


10.  Buy a camera, get back into photography. 
       - Photography was my big passion and hobby up until my camera broke. Now I take kinda cruddy shots with my iPod and don't really do anything with it anymore. I'm saving up for a new camera and when I do, get ready, there will be a lot more of it on this blog. 

Photo that I took last year at the Apple Harvest Festival's Car Show. THIS CAR HAS A FACE!!!




1 comment:

  1. These all sound like great goals.

    I've been struggling on the weight loss too -- I had lost a good deal of weight, and then managed to gain back ten pounds over the winter. Now I need to lose at least that ten again to be able to wear my wedding dress next year without any alterations.

    I've joined Pinterest, but I've only pinned one thing. I just can't seem to get drawn into it -- it's too.. I don't know. Scattered for me, I think.

    A great way to make you feel better about yourself is to update your wardrobe. It's amazing how much confidence you can draw from some new outfits.

    ReplyDelete