Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1.23/24.12 (Happy Chinese New Year!)

I suppose an introduction is called for, since this is a new blog and all.

Introductions are a strange thing to me as I feel that I am always writing them. I graduated in 2009 with my BA in Professional Communications. This is a fancy way of saying I have a degree in Journalism. I love to write, create and tell stories. What I did not plan for, amongst all of my type-A worries, was for the economy to tank. Saying that it tanked is polite considering what it did, which was die and take a dump on me and all of my graduating year cohorts' dreams. So, I'm always writing introductions (cover letters) that sell my every academic and professional pride to an HR Representative who is probably my brother's age (early 30s) and is still probably jaded on the fact they never got to marry Kurt Cobain/Jenny McCarthy (depending on sexual preference). 

So, here goes:

My name is Caitlin, I'm 24 and live in Pittsburgh. I currently work for a medical office in Client Services (to explain how I got here later) and love to craft for stress-relief at the end of a long day. There are a lot of those. The crafting thing I didn't come to realize up until this year when I got sick with Pinterest-fever.  I love photography. I'm saving up for my own DSLR. Also love graphic design, writing and zumba. The  Zumba thing is a love/hate on/off thing. Primarily because it's a kick-ass hella-fun work out but in return you sweat (one of my least favorite things to do) a LOT and definitely feel it the next day. I am obsessed with musical theatre. Which was my original plan of action for what I wanted to do with my life except a) I have no idea how to break into it and b) there are so many people who want to do that with their life. But I really, really love it. I love to sing.

I love breakfast.

That deserves it's own sentence, not crowded. I have a button (that one of my good girlfriends made) that has eggs and bacon on it. It's on my good pea coat's lapel. I see no problem with this as it has done me the best favor any pin could ever do: conversation. By this I mean, every time someone and I start talking about it, I get about 10 breakfast serving restaurant suggestions. I always give my favorites back but feel like I'm slowing narrowing down what the best breakfast is in all of Pittsburgh. My current favorite is Square Cafe and no one has come close to knocking it off its pretty pedestal in my mind.


Anyways, I'm always taking blog topic suggestions. Feel free to leave me a comment (productive) and I'll happily write away.


xoxoC

No comments:

Post a Comment